Re: Network Everywhere NX100U-WM NIC

Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> Marc Shapiro wrote:
>
> >Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> NC100U-WM.
> >>>

> ><SNIP>

> failed
> >>>

> >>What does "lspci -vv" report about the card?
> >>

> >Results here:
> >
> >00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network
> >Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100 (rev
> 11)
> >	Subsystem: Linksys: Unknown device 0570
> >
> It's been my experience that whenever a device shows
> up as "Unknown", my
> best solution has been to upgrade my kernel.

I upgraded to 2.4.18-686 and that got the module to
load.  Unfortunately, that did not get my LAN working,
so the NIC was probably NOT the problem.

I have a temporary workaround, if anyone can help me
with it.  I have a Lucent Winmodem installed in my
desktop machine (not the one with the new NIC).  If I
can get it working, I can at least use my normal
desktop machine for e-mail and connection to the Net
while I try to work out the LAN problems.  The
pertinent section of lspci on that box is:

0000:00:0b.0 Communication controller: Lucent
Microelectronics LT WinModem (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Lucent Microelectronics LT WinModem
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV-
VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (63000ns min, 3500ns max)
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 18
	Region 0: Memory at cffffc00 (32-bit,
non-prefetchable)
	Region 1: I/O ports at e080 [size=8]
	Region 2: I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
	Capabilities: [f8] Power Management version 2
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold-)

I am running a stock Debian 2.6.7-1-k7 kernel on that
box.  Can anyone help me get the LT Modem working?

--
Marc