is it a samba bug?

hi list,

today i aptitude upgraded my sid box what also updated its samba installation.
i'm using the shares on a mac os 10.3.
what happend is that the mounted shares didn't show any files, but i could read the amount of used disk space and could also write to them. the mac gave an error message about the file name being too long or having invalid characters when copying files, but i could verify that the files were copied successfully. so after some time of wondering what was going on i changed "hide special files" from "yes" to "no" on my servers' smbd.conf, and voila, now all files are shown on my
mounted shares.
that should be a bug, or not?

regards,
oliver