Re: Device drivers in the Linux Kernel

Carsten Laux schrieb:

Hi,

I would like to know if the Linux Kernel has inside a list where I can find
all the supportet device drivers.

For example: A list with Mainborard Chipsets (VIA, Intel etc.), or WLAN
Adapters that are supportet.
It would be nice, if somebody could tell in which directory I have to look.
(If something like that is existing).

Thank you very much in advance

Carsten
Hi

You may want to have a look at /lib/modules/<kernel-version>:

elvis@box:/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-ec$ ls
build          modules.ccwmap       modules.inputmap   modules.symbols
kernel         modules.dep          modules.isapnpmap  modules.usbmap
modules.alias  modules.ieee1394map  modules.pcimap     source
elvis@box:/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-ec$ cd kernel/
elvis@box:/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-ec/kernel$ ls
arch  crypto  drivers  fs  lib  net  sound
elvis@box:/lib/modules/2.6.11.7-ec/kernel$

Or maybe the linux incopatibility list at [1] could also be helpful.
Or have a look at [2]

[1] http://leenooks.com/
[2] http://linuxresource.com/Hardware/index.php

--
Elvis Cehajic
http://www.nihil.ch

perl -e '$_="(o_\n//\\\x0AV_/_\x20\u\x6C\x69\x6E\x75\x78\n";print'