Re: US Robotics Modem

Incoming from Tom Hayden:
> I have recently installed Debian 3.0 R4 I3 (kernel 2.4) on my Pentium 4
> (3 GHz) machine and am trying to configure it to use an internal
> U.S.Robotics 5610B modem. This is a HARDWARE/CONTROLLER modem on the PCI
> bus. No matter what I do, the system seems to be unable to detect the
> modem. I have two questions.
>
> 1. What is the proper way to configure the system for this modem?

For woody/stable, see /etc/ppp and /etc/chatscripts, or run pppconfig
if lazy/unparticular.

> 2. Once I have it configured/installed, how do I dial out with it?

pon, then poff to turn it off.  plog does a tail -f on the right log
file.  I like Gkrellm for a point and click, and monitoring, interface
to it all.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -