Whizzytex -pdf

Hey everyone,

I've just install whizzytex and so far I really like it.  The problem
is whizzytex doesn't handle my figures out of the box and I don't know
enough about xemacs (yet) to edit the config files and have it all
work.

The document I'm writing is complex enough that I've put together a
Makefile to build it.  This generates some figures using gnuplot, and
then uses pdflatex to create a pdf.  I was then using xpdf to view the
final paper.  Whizzytex is set up to use advi to view the paper.  The
problem comes in with the .png files I'm using as figures.  pdflatex
understands these but latex doesn't.

So, i'm trying to figure out how to tell whizzytex to run make and use
xpdf to view the file.  Any hints, tips, tricks, or pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew