IBM Thinkpad A22m & A Long Post

Hi all, (CAUTION: LONG POST)

I'm just looking for some opinions on what people would do in my situation.
Okay, so I just bought an IBM Thinkpad A22m off of ebay after reading some
good compatibility reports off of tuxmobile.org. It's a 1GHz PIII with 256mb
RAM, and here's my questions:

1. I am currently stuck on the wrong end of a 56k dial-up line thanks to a
certain inefficient telecommunications company, which makes for interesting
problems when choosing a distro. I would like pure Debian Sarge if possible
(running Woody on a server), but it seems that no release is going to be
happening anytime soon, so what are my options?

Here's how I see it,
- Get Sarge ISO's and just do an install and upgrade very occasionally...
- Use Woody (oooh, I think I'm going to be sick ;-)
- Install Knoppix to HDD.
- Install Morphix to HDD.
- Or Kubuntu.

This will primarily be a software development system so the packages that I
want are Xfce, Subversion, Openoffice and basically anything else I can get
my hands on, which is why I'm leaning towards Sarge...if I can't have Xfce
I'll live with KDE.

2. Anything I should watch out for installing onto one of these?

Thanks all,

Byron

--
On this laptop no Windows system will survive and LINUX POWER will reign
UNLIMITED. - Adapted from Mauro Darida