From: Scarletdown [mailto:gsutton9503@wavecable.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:15 AM
To: debian-user
Subject: Backup From One Drive - Restore To Another

I'm in the process of building my first "greenbox" system (my name for
systems built from spare parts) with the intention of eventually
reselling it.  However, the primary hard drive is starting to develop
errors (I'm doing an fsck on it at this time).  After the fsck is
done, I plan on eventually swapping out that drive for a different
one.  But, I really don't want to have to go through the Debian
install process again.  That being the case, what I am hoping to do is
transfer the entire contents of the drive to an ISO image on another
system, burn that image to a bootable CD, and then restore from that
CD onto the new drive.

What would be the best and simplest way to go about this?