No packages show available to be updated on unstable

I have been at this awhile and I have never un into this before. I have tried
every package manager available and also tried apt-get from the command line.
I get the same result every time. No packages show that there are
updates/upgrades available. If I try apt-get dist-upgrade I get a response
showing everything is current. I notice that all of the package managers show
only the installed version and indicate that there is no other version
available. I have been watching the Debian site for about a week and I have
determined that there are indeed MANY upgrades available. Any ideas as to
what might be causing this are greatly appreaciated. Everything seems to be
working OK except the package managers. Has anyone ever had this issue
before? This is not a new installation. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

--
John Foster