Re: GKrellM

On 26/04/05 10:53 Philippe Marzouk wrote:

i'd suggset the hottest one is the CPU sensor
temp1 probably is the inside air temperarture
the third sensor you have might be for the northbridge, but i'd suggest
you look into the manual of you mainboard to see where it is.
As Jonathan suggested, ran sensors, got this:
temp1: +37°C  (high =    +0°C, hyst =    +0°C)   sensor = thermistor
temp2: +45.5°C  (high =  +120°C, hyst =  +115°C)   sensor = diode
temp3: +57.0°C  (high =  +120°C, hyst =  +115°C)   sensor = thermistor

I'll check out the mobo manual too, but does thermistor / diode mean anything useful?
You could try to look into the BIOS the values (with friendly names) and
compare with the readings you get via sensors to see which is which.
I ran cpuburn and temp2 rose right up to 72C and stayed there, so I guess that's the CPU sensor. Temp1 stayed as it was, and temp3 rose slightly. I looked in the BIOS and the second sensor measures 'system temperature' - guess it's not important now.

It looks like my Intel Pentium will tolerate 80C, so I guess I'm OK.

What though would be the best command to put into the alarm, so that I can leave the pc unattended? Would 'shutdown -h now' work? Guess I can try it out! What do other people do for unattended pcs?

Adam