Re: Big trouble with nfs

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:39:06AM +0200, Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com wrote:

> How can I find out which version is _actually_ used? Is NFS v3 the
> default if it is supported ?

I didn't read the whole thread but i use nfs a lot and i set it up this
way:
1. full kernel support (no modules)
2. apt-get install nfs-kernel-server (no user server)
3. mount it with this options (forget UDP please and you'll save
yourself a lot of troubles)
 mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=3,tcp 1.2.3.4:/share /here

Optionaly use ethereal to inspect packets.

> No, I didn't know "umount -f". I'll try it the next time !

You don't have to umount nfs (i don't do it ;), it is state less.
We have 3 classes with 80 computers running diskless workstations
and students switch off machines and reboot it...

Good luck,
-- Dalibor Straka