auto-authenticating HTTP proxy

I am trying to find an HTTP proxy that would authenticate with specific
websites using a username and password given in its config file. I've
looked at both privoxy and squid, but neither of them seem to have this
functionality. (If I'm wrong about that, please let me know.) At the
moment, the best I can come up with is some combination of socket -s and
wget/curl, but I'd prefer a more elegant solution.

Just to be clear, it is not that I want my client browser to have to
authenticate with the proxy. I want the client browser to be able to use a
particular website without authenticating, even though the website requires
a username and password (and yes, I'm only talking about HTTP
authentication).

I'm not interested in discussions of the wisdom or legality of doing this.
It's a toy project for my own personal use, not an attack on some
commercial venture.

--Greg