Re: mail filtering question

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:08:24AM +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:
On Monday 25 April 2005 08:25, Csillag Krist?f wrote:
Currently, this kind of filtering is done on the MUA level, but it would
be a great improvement if I could do it on the mail server, because then
it would be possible to user multiple MUA-s to access the mail, without
loosing the ability to filter the mail.

So what I am searching for is a utility (possibly with a WEB gui) that
can help users configure their procmail / maildrop rules (or something
similar), so the mail can be filtered on the server side.

Does such thing exist?

KMail has a filtering GUI that talks to sieve on the server to filter IMAP. So, it seems that you could use sieve yourself, somehow. Also, I think there is a webmin module for procmail too, but I'm not sure.

Does courier support sieve? I was under the (perhaps mistaken)
impression that the only realy sieve support was currently in Cyrus,
which does not support maildirs.

If I'm wrong it would be good to know.

I do know that I use a sieve plugin for squirrelmail that my users can
use to set server side filtering rules. As a previous posted noted,
there are additionally plugins for procmail and maildrop. This may be
the easiest route to take.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/