Re: OT: can I send CDs by mail to Germany?

also sprach Laura Melton <debian-user@niceperson.org> [2005.04.24.2252 +0200]:
> What peeved me was that it was *mislabeled*.  My mother was
> mailing me something which at that point already belonged to me,
> and I shouldn't have had to pay tax on it.

You should revisit tax law, or at least European tax law. It is
perfectly alright for them to charge you taxes on the item, unless
you could have proved that it has been in your possession *and in
use* for more than six months.

You could have reclaimed those taxes upon leaving though.

`. `'`

"in the stage of grand illusion
 you walked into my life
 out of my dreams."