Re: The following packages have been kept back: ... (woody).

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:23:47PM -0600, s. keeling wrote:

> in my /etc/apt/apt.conf.  I'm not pinning anything (that I know of). I
> run mostly straight woody with a few backports.  I don't use Gnome but

You probably want to use "aptitude dist-upgrade" instead of just
upgrade, when you start seeing a lot of packages held back. Usually that
means you have library dependencies that require a bit more work to
update the system.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/