Re: Missing lpd

Richard Walls wrote:

I installed Woody from the CD and then updated sources.list to use Sarge and then upgraded. Everything seemed to work okay but now I want to configure my printer but lpd is not running and the lpr command is missing. There is no startup script in etc/rc2.d for lpd.

Shouldn't lpd be part of the base system and any suggestions on how to locate and configure it.

Thanks ... Rich

Checking my Debian systems (running testing), I don't see lpd in the base system. I do see lpr in apt, so you should be able to do an apt-get on that and be off to the races.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/