passing swap partition parameter to kernel on boot

Hi,
do somebody know, how can i tell kernell on boot to use swap
partition /dev/hda2 ?
I'm tring to run GNU/Debian on PC (Pentium 100MHz, RAM 8MB, HD 1GB).
I'have removed harddisk, and cross installed system on it. I've compiled
kernel 2.6.11.6 and put bzImage on /boot partition. I've installed GRUB
on floppy (only stage1 and stage2). I've succesfully booted bzImage, but
problem starts on INIT booting. It doesn't use swap, run out of memory
and starts starting and killing processes in a loop.
I use folloving commands in Grub:
----
root (hd0,0)
kernel /bzImage root=/dev/hda3 ro