Re: using a traditional font with gnome-terminal

* Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS:
> Can anyone please tell me how to use
>
> -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso10646-1
>
> with gnome-terminal? None of the fonts offered by the fancy font menu
> have anything like the readability or the coverage of that 6x13 font,
> which seems to be the default for xterm.

You have to run 'dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig' (as root, obviously) and
answer 'Yes' to the question about bitmapped fonts. Restart
gnome-terminal and fixed[misc] should be an option.

(Answer to unasked question: I prefer jmk-neep from the package
xfonts-jmk)

J.
--
I start many things but I have yet to finish a single one.
[Agree]   [Disagree]