Re: Similar systems, different performance of fortran code

> Not exactly what I'd call "similar."  The difference in speed could
> easily be due to differences in code generation of the two compiler
> versions.

Possible, that was my first thought, but other Fortran code I've tested
performs equal or better in the g77-3.3 case. I'm not using any optimization
flags either. When I said "similar", I was thinking of RAM memory, CPU
speed, and such. Not compilers. But anyway, it's surprising that this
particular piece of code performs so badly in the newest version. I'll check
more versions on both machines, to check this.

     	      	      		Victor