RE: One problem down, yet another still baffling me..

> Got my Fuhquake up and running with little ease after the JVM for the
> installer was finished.
>
> So now I have to supply a /dev/... (other than /dev/dsp) in a command
line
> option -snddev for afuhquake to initialize the sound on start up.  I
have
> tried /dev/audio but that doesn't seem to work either.
>
> Any suggestions?

Now I use alsa on my linux gamer so YMMV.  And this is a horrible hack,
but it works for me.  I've oft thought I ought to find a more sensible
solution, but I haven't.

Seems like all of ID's games want to use /dev/dsp, I play ET and my ET
likes to hang if it can't init sound.

So what I do (Yes, every reboot) is remove /dev/dsp and link it to
/dev/adsp.

Change the permissions as was the original /dev/dsp and all my games
always work...