grubs device.map when shutting down devfsd

Hi,

i'm running a 2.4.24 kernel with devfsd running and i'm trying to get a 2.6.11 kernel running. My grub's /boot/grub/device.map contains these entries:

(fd0)   /dev/floppy/0
(hd0)   /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

Can i change the above to
(fd0)   /dev/floppy/0
(hd0)   /dev/hda

when i prevent devfsd to start up at boot? (editing /etc/default/devfsd)

My 2.6 kernel wasn't booting and i haven't yet found out why but i noticed something weird was going on with grub. All the files in /boot/grub where older that they should be.
So reinstalled grub, then did a update-grub and a grub-install /dev/hda
but this failed (my /boot partition is /dev/hda1, root is /dev/hda2):
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
If then restarted devfsd and the grub-install then worked.

So as said, now i'm wondering if i shut down devfsd and restart will I need to change the entry for (hd0) in /boot/grub/device.map to /dev/hda or leave it as /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc ?

Thanks
Benedict

--
Benedict Verheyen                   Debian User
http://www.heimdallit.be            Public Key 0x712CBB8D