Re: How to make the terminal buffer bigger?

2005. április 21. 00:31,
"J. Grant"
-> debian-users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>:

> How can I configure this file?  /etc/defaults/bootlogd is missing on my
> sarge install.
>
> Do I have to manually set the run-level symlinks?  Or is there some
> standard way of turning it on?  I seem to have the /sbin/bootlogd daemon
Yes, I think you should manually install the links (w/ update-rc.d for your
convinience) to /etc/init.d/bootlogd.

Also check that script, if it checks for /etc/default/bootlogd. If it does,
than you can edit the init script (comment that check out), or touch
that /etc/default/bootlogd file. Mine is looking like this:

###------------------------

$ cat /etc/default/bootlogd
# Run bootlogd at startup ?
BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

> > Unfortunately, I do not know how to make that buffer bigger, but I'm
> > courious too!
>
> Some one replied to me off list pointing out dmesg -s <buffer-size>

Thanks!

HTH,
Daniel

--