Re: upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6: unknown symbols

On 2005-04-21, Monique Y. Mudama penned:

> Amazingly enough (to me, who always dorks up at least one thing
> every kernel compile), it booted just fine.  Except for ... well ...
> all these pesky unresolved symbols, seeming related to nfsd.
>
> What do I need to fix in my config to get rid of 'em?

Turns out I had unresolved symbols relating to nfsd, samba, and vfat.

Answering my own question.  Lines 945 on down are to make vfat work
properly; I found those here:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-298597.html

The rest was a guess from some near-miss search results; it looks like
certain things don't like being modules anymore.

Hope this helps someone =)

$ diff <old_config> <new_config>
4c4
< # Wed Apr 20 19:54:05 2005