Re: Logcheck regex for cyrus not working

* Maurits van Rees:

> I'm having trouble instructing logcheck to stop sending me mails for a
> system event that I think is harmless. Some previous additions to the
> logcheck files for other events seem to have helped, but this time it
> fails.

Sorry, I didn't bother to examine your regexes closey enough, but two
hints:

- You should always add your rules to a file not owned by a package. I
  always use /etc/logcheck/ignore.d.$LEVEL/local. That way you make sure
  your changes persist upon upgrade.

- Always distinguish between "Security Events" and "System Events". I
  see you using the latter term above, but that might be coincidence.
  Exceptions for security events have to go into violations.ignore.d/.

HTH
Jochen.
--
I like my Toyota RAV4 because of the commanding view of the traffic
jams.