Re: Strange monthly process I can't find

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:50:28PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have configured my home mail server to store all my locally generated
> outgoing mail in the my imap folder under the .send folder.
>
> Something is creating a subfolder with a name based on the month, and what
> appears to be a few hours into the new month moving all of the sent mail into
> these new folders with month name
>
> The problem is I can't find the process that is doing it.
>
> I have checked in /etc/cron.monthly on both the machine that is the mail
[...]
> Any idea where else I could look?
Probably not very helpful, but it appears you're still looking for
this...

Perhaps you could check your package file lists for your MTA (exim?) and your
imap server or MUA.

I know some packages use /etc/logrotate.d/ entries to rotate their
logs, but it would be strange to rotate users' maildirs there.

As a last resort... maybe grep on /etc for a portion of the directory?

What exim/imap/Debian are you running?

HTH

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.