Default browser question

Hello:

I'm trying to set Firefox as my default browser. I'm using KDE. There is no button to activate in Firefox preferences to enable this function. In the KDE Control Center, under KDE Components/Component Chooser/Web Browser, I first tried to just type 'firefox' in the space 'in the following browser'. Nope didn't work - wants to use the Gnome browser, Epiphany. Then I browsed to the firefox.sh file, but it didn't present itself in the box after choosing it; so, I typed the path in. Hmm ... still no joy.

Anybody have the key to this solution ?

Thanks,

Jamie