Re: history of system

On 04/20/2005 09:00 AM, michael wrote:
> I would have thought this was a FAQ but I cannot find the solution, so
> all pointers welcome!
>
> Q: how do I see the 'history' of my system, such as what was installed
> by apt-get and when
>
> Thanks,

If you work with sudo (sudo apt-get install <package>), your recent
apt-get commands will be listed in the auth logs; /var/log/auth* .  As
others have suggested, aptitude provides an activity log.

I switched to aptitude because it lets you test an
install/remove/upgrade for breakage /before/ you apply any changes.
It's also very fast.  Synaptic will do this, but requires X.

Regards.