Internet gateway

First a little history...

So I have a small office for which a DSL connection is distributed among
the computers... it has to do for now because that's all they offer in
the area.

Currently I'm using a linksys box to be the firewall/connect the DSL,
and a Win2k server is the DHCP server. (I tried the linksys box as a
DHCP server, but it wasn't up to the task, constantly handing out new IP
addresses to boxes that should've just gotten renewals and the like).

In the current setup the linksys box keeps disappearing from the
network. I'm guessing the DHCP server is either failing me, or
improperly configured... at this point I really don't care, I just need
it to work because this site is an hour drive each way and it's getting
taxing.

Then the issue...
I want to take an old computer, put two NICs in it, and have it replace
the linksys box.

So I need software to dial DSL, then I need to make this bandwidth
available to the rest of the network, and ideally I want to know which
websites which IP addresses request (but I can deal with that later).

Am I missing anything huge (like a firewall?)

Is this a relatively easy setup? I imagine it has to be one of the most
common uses for old hardware and linux.

I'm running two linux fileservers in this office already, should I
double duty one of them, or am I better off just putting it on another
machine (outdated Pentiums are easy to get my hands on so cost is not an
issue).

And then lastly, where can I get good info on this? Is there a FAQ I
can't find, is there just a simple list of packages I need to learn how
to configure?

Thanks for any information.