Re: some evil process keeps chmoding my $HOME

I don't think it matters where his root home dir is. The original
poster problem was that the permission on HIS home dir (/home/uname)
would change. I suggested the 'i' attribute to hopefully see some
cursing in the log files and find out the process that tries changing
the permissions.

As a side note, I do a 'chattr -R +i' on a lot of system files and
directories, like /etc, /bin, /sbin, /boot, /root, etc - it becomes
harder to screw up my system this way. Also a good idea it do to a
'chattr +a' on your log files, so stuff can only be appended to them.

Alex.