Re: some evil process keeps chmoding my $HOME

Incoming from Ron Johnson:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 06:01 -0700, Alex Barylo wrote:
> > If you /home filesystem is ext2 or ext3 you can do a "chattr +i ~" and
> > then monitor log files for error messages. Even if you won't get any
> > messages, not even root will be able to chmod your $HOME.
>
> Isn't that kinda nuclear???

Only if root's home dir is in /home, which it isn't.  As long as he
can still login as root, and doesn't mind not being able to use his
user acct. until he sorts this out, it should work.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -