Re: i just fouled up my system big time

brandon wrote:

> Being the total noob i am, i changed
> /dev/hdb5       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro
> in my fstab, to
> /dev/hdb5       /               ext3    defaults,utf8,errors=remount-ro
>
> and now whenever i boot up i get / mounted as readonly, rendering me
> unable to change it back. is the any way i could find a way to edit
> the file?

A couple of others have already addressed your actual issue, but thought
I should point out Debian's Code of Conduct
(http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/):

    * Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists
      via packet radio, where swearing is illegal.

I think your subject line would qualify as "foul language" for a
significant subset of the population.

--
Kent