gnuplot not linked against readline ?

Hello,

While working with a debian testing machine, I recognized that most of the
cursor keys don't work in gnuplot: home/end give me a 7~/8~, up/down does
nothing and tab in filenames doesn't work either.

a "ldd /usr/bin/gnuplot" tells me, that gnuplot is not linked against
libreadline, so it uses its own, quite limited "readline" functions.

I think, gnuplot is _very_ hard to handle like this. Is there a reason,
why debians gnuplot is not linked against readline? I personally think,
this is a bug...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Grunwald
Softwareentwicklung