Re: rm to mp3

After my previous email, I did some more tinkering, and it confuses me even more:

When I played AVI file after encoding it with mencoder in a windows machine, on windows
media player, I can hear the sound but no video. Unfortunately sound on my linux box is
broken. But this very avi file when I play with mplayer (on debian box) shows me the
video. I have no way of knowing if it has any sound (because of the reason just stated
above)

The same avi file, I encoded to mpeg using ffmpeg. The resulting mpg file shows video and
has broken sound. There is some noise, kind of chirping. I tried encoding with different
bit rates (64, 128) but no outcome.

Sorry for making this little complicated, but I wanted to tell everything thats happening
here.