Re: SCSI, ATAPI and burners [SOLVED]

Jim Hall wrote:
Bill Day wrote:

When I did my original Woody installation I too had that problem, but with the installation of sarge and a 2.6 kernel I no longer had to add scsi emulation for my burner in lilo.conf or in grubs menu.1st.

I suggest upgrading yoru kernel to a proper 2.6.x kernel for your arch, you will still have the option to boot the old kernel while you work out any bugs you may have with the new kernel(as long as your /boot is large enough), another one of my mistakes. I know better now, and have a /boot of 450MB, with plenty of room to play with new kernels. 8-)

HTH