Re: realplay command does nothing (on Sid)

On 4/17/05, H. S. <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just installed realplayer 10 avialable form realnetworks.com (the
> binary file). I installed it on /usr/local/RealPlayer and put the path
> in PATH variable. However, if I give the command "realplay" as normal
> user, nothing happens at all! What am I missing? All help is welcome.

Most likely you didn't resource your PATH after you thought you
changed it.  What do you get when you enter 'which realplay' .. it
should reply '/usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay', but if it comes back
blank, then you need to reboot.  But, a better way is to just 'cd
/usr/bin ; ln -s /usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay .' to soft link it to
your existing path.