Re: mirror question

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 22:14 -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> if you can post the config file for the mirroring method you're using,
> maybe we can shave it off to be 10GB mirror ??

It's an rsync script. The lockfile stuff is commented out because it
didn't work on my system:

#! /bin/sh
set -e

# This script originates from http://www.debian.org/mirror/anonftpsync

# Note: You MUST have rsync 2.0.16-1 or newer, which is available in
slink
# and all newer Debian releases, or at http://rsync.samba.org/

# Set the variables below to fit your site. You can then use cron to
have
# this script run daily to automatically update your copy of the
archive.

# Don't forget:
# chmod 744 anonftpsync

# TO is the destination for the base of the Debian mirror directory
# (the dir that holds dists/ and ls-lR).

TO=/debian-mirror

# RSYNC_HOST is the site you have chosen from the mirrors file.
# (http://www.debian.org/mirror/list-full)

RSYNC_HOST=archive.progeny.com

# RSYNC_DIR is the directory given in the "Packages over rsync:" line of
# the mirrors file for the site you have chosen to mirror.

RSYNC_DIR=debian/

# EXCLUDE is a list of parameters listing patterns that rsync will
exclude.

EXCLUDE="\
  --exclude binary-alpha/
  --exclude binary-arm/ \
  --exclude binary-sparc/ \
  --exclude binary-m68k/ \
  --exclude binary-ia64/
  --exclude binary-mips*/
  --exclude binary-hppa/ \
  --exclude binary-sh/
  --exclude binary-s390/ \
  --exclude *_alpha.deb
  --exclude *_arm.deb \
  --exclude *_sparc.deb \
  --exclude *_m68k.deb \
  --exclude *_ia64.deb
  --exclude *_hppa.deb
  --exclude *_sh.deb \
  --exclude *_mips.deb
  --exclude *_mipsel.deb
  --exclude *_s390.deb \
  --exclude disks-alpha/
  --exclude disks-arm/ \
  --exclude disks-ia64/
  --exclude disks-mips*/  \
  --exclude disks-s390/
  --exclude disks-sparc/ \
  --exclude disks-m68k/ \
  --exclude unstable/ \
  --exclude source/ \
 "

# There should be no need to edit anything below this point, unless
there
# are problems.

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------#

# Note: on some non-Debian systems, hostname doesn't accept -f option.
# If that's the case on your system, make sure hostname prints the full
# hostname, and remove the -f option. If there's no hostname command,
# explicitly replace `hostname -f` with the hostname.
HOSTNAME=`hostname -f`

LOCK="${TO}/Archive-Update-in-Progress-${HOSTNAME}"

# Get in the right directory and set the umask to be group writable
#
cd $HOME
umask 002

# Check to see if another sync is in progress
#if lockfile -! -l 43200 -r 0 "$LOCK"; then
#  echo ${HOSTNAME} is unable to start rsync, lock file exists
#  exit 1
#fi
# Note: on some non-Debian systems, trap doesn't accept "exit" as signal
# specification. If that's the case on your system, try using "0".
#trap "rm -f $LOCK > /dev/null 2>&1" exit

set +e

cmd="rsync --recursive --links --hard-links --times --verbose --compress
--delete \
     --exclude "Archive-Update-in-Progress-${HOSTNAME}" \
     --exclude "project/trace/${HOSTNAME}" \
     $EXCLUDE \
     $RSYNC_HOST::$RSYNC_DIR $TO > rsync.log 2>&1"
echo $cmd
$cmd

date -u > "${TO}/project/trace/${HOSTNAME}"

# Note: if you don't have savelog, use any other log rotation facility,
or
# comment this out, the log will simply be overwritten each time.
savelog rsync.log > /dev/null 2>&1

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com