net installer stalls on Dell Inspiron 5160

I am tying to install Debian from the Net Installer rc3 on Dell Inspiron 5160 laptop. After booting into linux26, the installer stalls at the "Detecting hardware to find CD-ROM drives" message when it is "Loading module 'ide-disk' for 'Linux ATA DISK"...

Suggestions?

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.