Re: apt package database performance

On Sunday 17 April 2005 13:08, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> I have less idea with it. But I think most of the slowness is caused
> because of the add-on tools added to apt. The likes are apt-listbugs,
> localepurge and might be many more slipped by me eyes.

That's interesting.  I wonder if listbugs etc. could be more tightly
integrated so that they share less run through the package list rather than
each going over the packages separately.  Maybe they already do this, but I
get the impression that they're all just add-on shell scripts running with
low-granularity hooks such as 'pre-install' etc.

--
Lee.