Re: resize ext3 partitions?

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Matt Price wrote:

> hi folks,
>
> so, I tried tor esize a couple of ext3 partitions today using parted &
> qtparted and had trouble with both.  Then I oogled around and it seems
> support for ext3 is broken on parted.  Soooo.... what do folsk do when
> they need to resize an ext3 partition?

my dumb way:
a properly partitioned disk will not have any "resizing" issues
and putting files where it should be :-)

system stuff that doesn't change
	/	256 - 512M
	/tmp	256 - 512M
	/var	1G - 2G
	/usr	4G - 8G
	swap	512M  - add more memory if swap is ever used
	/home	rest of the disk

- everything *you* do goes into "rest of disk"
	/usr/local can also be linked to  /home/local since *you*
	made those changes

c ya
alvin