Re: debian/xen

Adam Heath <doogie@brainfood.com> writes:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, David N. Welton wrote:

[ Please CC replies to me - thanks! ]

> > I'm running 'unstable' and am wondering if it is indeed possible
> > to use Xen with Debian via the debian packages.  The .deb's dont'
> > really give me much of an indication of what to do in their
> > README's, and I see that there are a number of open bugs about
> > kernel patches, the lack of 2.0 in Debian, and so on.
> >
> > Has anyone managed to accomplish this?  Is it perhaps better to
> > just download and install it by hand?
>
> Install xen 2.0 from experimental.

Ah, better.

> Apply patch.

--added-patches doesn't seem to work.  Had to apply it by hand.

> fakeroot make-kpkg kernel-image --arch xen

This runs you through the whole make oldconfig, meaning that perhaps
something isn't quite right.

> That s/b enough to get you going.

Seems to be compiling now, so it looks like I'm on the right track.
Thanks.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/