Re: can one use the floppy install to get to the minimal bootable CD to do a Network install?

Rick Berger wrote:
> Hi, I have a box which won't boot from it's CD, but the CD can be
> accessed once a system going. I'd like to do a Network install using
> DHCP, which I believe is not supported by the floppies. So is it
> possible to start the installation with the floppies and switch to the
> minimal bootable CD?

First, yes, the floppies do support doing a network install using dhcp.
You'll need the root, boot, and net-driver floppies and the rest of the
installer and Debian will be downloaded from the net.

If you really insist on using a CD, you'll need the root, boot, and
cd-driver floppies, or use the sbm floppy image the other poster
mentioned.

Please see the installation Howto, which contains all this information.
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apa.html

--
see shy jo