Re: APT-GET UPGRADE VS DIST-UPGRADE

On Thursday 14 April 2005 10:08, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Can someone please tell me why dist-upgrade wants to remove  kde
> kdeaddons kvim vimpart,
> which I have installed and want to keep, while upgrade retains kde and
> upgrades several of its
> components.

Because that is part of the difference between them.  Just use upgrade.  If
you specifically want to try installing an available package that upgrade
isn't installing automatically, try it manually with apt-get install.  If
it's going to remove things, it'll tell you.  Otherwise, it might work.

--
Lee.