RE: Lost sound

>I've totally lost sound, and I can't figure out where to even begin
>looking.
>
>I recently upgraded to the 2.6.11 kernel, but had sound after that for
>couple of days, I've checked the mixer settings to be certain nothing
is
>muted.
>
>I've rebooted, restarted the X server.
>
>Is there something/somewhere I should check for messages?
>
>I'm running gnome with ESD
>
>System still makes sound when I boot to windows... haven't checked
older
>kernels yet.

Ok, so I checked with my 2.6.10 Kernel, and sound does indeed work
there.

But when I compiled 2.6.11 I just used my 2.6.10 config, so I'm not sure
if this is particularly enlightening or not... especially since I'm
almost positive I had sound right after I switched.

Anyway, still looking for some advice on what to check where, thanks.