ifplugd versus laptop-net

Dear friends,
after having used ifplugd for quite a while with total satisfaction, as some of you might recall since a couple of weeks my laptop finished booting without the interface being IP configured.

I tried uninstalling ifplugd and installing laptop-net and the machine again does what is expected: come up with a DHCP served address at home and in the office and reconfigure eth0 when the cable has been replugged.

So I gather that makes the choice between the two packages for me :)

Hope this is of some interest to someone,
Bob