Re: redirect apt to local repository

hacker wrote:
Did you look at apt-proxy?

just did! it looks great, as does apt-cacher, but I would very much like to require no changes to the client machines, which will be moving from the classroom to students' homes very soon. Thes students are mostly absolute newbies, so I'd like to avoid rewriting any conf files if possible.

So probably I need something like a DNS server (which I guess I need anyway) that redirects requests for archive.ubuntu.com to the webserver, which in its turn has a virtualHost listing for that address.

matt