Re: help with Wine..

Tom Weller at Ambassador Computers wrote:
I'm grateful for the help so far...but in my own defence I'm not afraid of
using command line interface...I'm worried my potential clients will freak
and jump ship if I am typing more than 4 words at a time :)

If they're going to use a fixed set of applications, you should be able to set up KDE (or Gnome) start-menu items for launching them. I did this at home for using Quicken.

I had a KDE start button entry that when clicked would invoke a command lines something like:
   /usr/bin/wine   "/home/cjc/wine_cdrive/Program Files/Quicken/QW.EXE"

Worked like a charm. From that point on, I never needed to use a command line to launch Quicken.

I'm not sure what the Wine folks do for people who want to install and run apps without ever using a command line.

--
Christian Convey
Computer Scientist,