RE: /proc/cpu lists CPU MHz: 0.0000

Thanks, Sønke. I appreciate the good background information.

I just installed powernowd and tried inserting the modules you suggested,
but the powernow modules (I tried powernow_k7 and powernow_k8) both report
errors:

FATAL: Error inserting powernow_k7 (/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-k7/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k7.ko):
No such device

Perhaps this is a problem with 2.6.8 as you suggested.

-Marc