From: Tom Allison [mailto:tallison@tacocat.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:37 PM
To: Debian User List
Subject: setting $PATH

I put the following
----
CVSROOT="/var/lib/cvs"
export CVSROOT
----

in my ~/.bash_profile.

When I login from a TTY terminal, this variable is set.

I would like to have it set when I start an xterm (or variant, wterm...)

session from the current Xsession I'm logged into.

I think I would also like to have it in my Xsession environment.

But I can't seem to find a successful place to put these commands.
.bashrc seems to work.

But where can I put it once and have it appear in both the TTY and xterm

environments?

What about the X session environment?