[OT] Re: uk general election

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:03:25PM +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> geoffthur@ntlworld.com wrote:
> >Dear Debs
> >

> >I'm hoping to stand in the uk general election, although I've left it a
> >bit late and it might all fall through.
> >
> (snip)
> >One thing that matters to me is the state of the internet - spam,
> >cracking, organised crime and the like.
>
> Dear Geoff,
> good luck with your plight but please understand that writing you are
> against spam and writing this note to this list is a bit contradictory
> to say the least.
>
> Bob

Ouch. At the very least I should have marked it OT, so apologies for
that. Would it have been more acceptable, though, if I had not disclosed
why I wanted the discussion and just asked the questions? I'm sorry you
think I've spammed the list: I'd be mortified if this was the majority
view. Thanks for your reply, Bob, anyway.