Re: dialup modem connection

jonny dennis wrote:

iam running sarge on an i386 with a phonic pro external 56kps modem ive tryed using wvdial to connect it does returns with the dns addresses but i still cant see a web page even when root. so i had a go with pppconfig again establishes the connection but i cant see a web page. I tryed to ping from a command promt but it trys to use my ethernet connection. is it a routing problem? does the modem have to be in the route map?

seems that your default route is not set to your ISP