Re: Using entire screen on laptop

On 12 Apr 2005, Jimmy B wrote:

>Hi list!
>I recently installed debian sarge on my laptop, and I just realized that
>the output does not fill my screen completly. It is kind of lika box in
>the middle with lots of space around the edges left black.
>
>Anyone knows what I can do to make more efficient use of my screen?
>Also, how could I change the resolution?
>
>Oh btw, I am not using X.

On my Dell Inspiron laptop, hitting Fn-F7 will toggle how the LCD
displays lower-than-native resolution screens.  One way it blows up the
display to fill the whole screen; the other way, it displays
the console (or whatever lower-resolution thing is displaying) tiny
and centered.

I'm probably saying that badly, but anyway if you're using a Dell,
that's probably your problem.

Laura
--
ASCII silly question, get a silly ANSI.